Buokrom community in the Ashanti region has been thrown into a state of shock following the death of a man believed to be in his mid-30s who was electrocuted after climbing a high-tension pole in search of Crow eggs.
The deceased, identified only as Sena died after coming into contact with one of the active wires on the high tension on Wednesday at about 5:00 pm.
The Unit Committee Chairman for the area, Mr Fuseini Farrisu revealed that nobody was in close proximity to stop the deceased from climbing the high tension.
The deceased refused to descend after eyewitnesses called him and warned him of dangers ahead should he touch the live electricity lines, but he refused to heed the advice and continued to climb the pole in an attempt to remove Crow eggs.
Few minutes later, the deceased Sena fell from the pole after getting into contact with the live wires.
The deceased was burnt beyond recognition and died on the spot
The body has since been deposited at the Okomfo Anokye Teaching Hospital morgue. Kasapa